A TRANSLATOR OF THE SPANISH LANGUAGE is needed on the Hooray Heroes team!
About us and our adventures
Hooray Studios, Inc. is looking for new talents to reinforce our team. As an online publisher creating personalized children's books all over the world, we encounter new challenges on a daily basis. We work hard but we also play hard!
We're looking for employees with vast knowledge in their area of expertise who are willing to accept and adapt to new challenges on a daily basis. We can’t wait to see what tips and tricks they bring to our team!
A bit more about us and our mission
We’ve advanced our production of personalized children’s books to the point where we can now produce thousands of them on a daily basis across several different markets. Our ever-growing base of existing and future readers presents our whole team with opportunities and challenges to keep us on our toes.
Are we a perfect fit?
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF THE ROLE
Hooray Heroes is a company dedicated to putting smiles on children’s faces all over the world with our amazing personalized books created just for them in which they’re the heroes of the stories! To help us accomplish this mission, our growing, dynamic team is currently looking for a Translator of the Spanish language.
Spanish native speaker would translate children's literature from English to Spanish language.
- translating various types of prose and verse literature from English into Spanish,
- correcting, adapting and adjusting texts according to directions of the editing team and the company's literary style.
- Spanish language proficiency (preferably native speaker),
- thorough knowledge of Spanish language (other languages a plus),
- refined sense of literature and languages,
- awareness of cultural and other features of the target language,
- being able to adapt your translation style to various genres,
- being in constant contact with everyday Spanish culture (also children’s customs, habits, norms, etc.) and applying this into texts where needed,
- creative thinking, flexibility, resourcefulness, inventiveness,
- having experience with children’s literature (poetry and prose) is an advantage,
- extreme precision, being able to multitask (more projects at once), work efficiently under pressure, and can handle short deadlines,
- localization – self-initiative to give suggestions for content improvements, so the texts are in complete compliance with the country’s target market,
- being able to adapt to strict deadlines since releases are tied to seasonal holidays.
WHAT PERSONALITY YOU HAVE
- you are naturally curious and not afraid to ask questions,
- you like to solve problems and are unfazed by challenges,
- you keep calm, even under pressure.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- contract work,
- competitive pay,
- regular feedback and support,
- support to develop your skills and grow professionally and personally.
Do you think you have what it takes to become one of our heroes? Please send us your CV and a motivational letter in English and Spanish and we will get in touch soon!
Join us in our land far, far, far away
Anyone interested in joining a diverse, creative team of problem solvers is invited to apply. We support individual success and growth to make our team truly unstoppable.
Why become a hooray hero?
- We’re a young company and have already sold hundreds of thousands of books on six different markets.
- In 2019 we achieved 100% growth in comparison to the year before.
- We develop, produce and market our books ourselves and through our established partnerships.
You can send your CV and motivation letter to: email@example.com.