A TRANSLATOR OF THE GERMAN LANGUAGE is needed on the Hooray Heroes team!
About us and our adventures
Hooray Studios, Inc. is looking for new talents to reinforce our team. As an online publisher creating personalized children's books all over the world, we encounter new challenges on a daily basis. We work hard but we also play hard!
We're looking for employees with vast knowledge in their area of expertise who are willing to accept and adapt to new challenges on a daily basis. We can’t wait to see what tips and tricks they bring to our team!
A bit more about us and our mission
We’ve advanced our production of personalized children’s books to the point where we can now produce thousands of them on a daily basis across several different markets. Our ever-growing base of existing and future readers presents our whole team with opportunities and challenges to keep us on our toes.
Are we a perfect fit?
HOORAY HEROES LAND
The Hooray Heroes land is looking for new superheroes to join our ranks due to our corporate growth, increased volume of work, and our expansion into new markets. In 2020, we sold 2 million unique personalized books, and generated over € 31 million in revenue. We are currently present in 11 markets, and our goal is to bring happiness to as many people as possible all over the globe. In carrying out this mission, we are currently looking for: TRANSLATOR OF GERMAN LANGUAGE. We are on a hunt for German native speaker who would translate children's literature from English to German language.
- translating various types of prose and verse literature from English into German language,
- correcting, adapting and adjusting texts according to directions of the editing team and the company's literary style.
- German language proficiency (preferably native speaker),
- thorough knowledge of English language (other languages are a plus),
- refined sense of literature and languages,
- awareness of cultural and other features of the target language,
- being able to adapt your translation style to various genres,
- being in constant contact with German everyday culture (also children’s customs, habits, ways) and applying the letter into texts where needed,
- creative thinking, flexibility, resourcefulness, inventiveness,
- having experience with children’s literature (poetry and prose) is an advantage,
- extreme precision, being able to multitask (more projects at once), work efficiently under pressure, and can handle short deadlines,
- localization – self-initiative to give suggestions for content improvements, so the texts are in complete compliance with the country’s target market.
WHAT PERSONALITY YOU HAVE
- you are naturally curious and not afraid to ask questions,
- you like to solve problems and are unfazed by challenges,
- you keep calm, even under pressure.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- contract work,
- competitive pay,
- regular feedback and support,
- support to develop your skills and grow professionally and personally.
Please send us your application with CV in English on e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will get in touch soon!
Join us in our land far, far, far away
Anyone interested in joining a diverse, creative team of problem solvers is invited to apply. We support individual success and growth to make our team truly unstoppable.
Why become a hooray hero?
- We’re a young company and have already sold over 2 million books on 11 different markets.
- In 2020 we generated over 31 million € in revenue.
- We develop, produce and market our books ourselves and through our established partnerships.
You can send your CV and motivation letter to: email@example.com.