A Front-End Developer is needed on the Hooray Heroes team!
About us and our adventures
Hooray Studios, Inc. is looking for new talents to reinforce our team. As an online publisher creating personalized children's books all over the world, we encounter new challenges on a daily basis. We work hard but we also play hard!
We're looking for employees with vast knowledge in their area of expertise who are willing to accept and adapt to new challenges on a daily basis. We can’t wait to see what tips and tricks they bring to our team!
A bit more about us and our mission
We’ve advanced our production of personalized children’s books to the point where we can now produce thousands of them on a daily basis across several different markets. Our ever-growing base of existing and future readers presents our whole team with opportunities and challenges to keep us on our toes.
Are we a perfect fit?
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF THE ROLE
Hooray Heroes is a company dedicated to putting smiles on children’s faces all over the world with our amazing personalized books created just for them in which they’re the heroes of the stories! To help us accomplish this mission, we are looking for a Front-End Developer to reinforce our team, bring new perspectives and fresh ideas.
- build front end interfaces in HTML/CSS/JS,
- maintain existing code for the front end,
- work closely with designers and content editor for layouts and graphics,
- collaborate with back end developers for data supply,
- optimize code for speed and pleasant User Experience,
- create mock-ups, prototypes for demonstration purposes,
- track evolving technologies to improve the application,
- integrate feedback from users back into the product,
- force high quality graphics standards and consistency,
- design mobile-based features,
- always stay consistent with our brand guidelines.
- network infrastructure management.
- mark-up languages like HTML,
- styling languages like CSS, SASS, SCSS,
- build tools like webpack,
- version control like git,
- SEO principles,
- strong aesthetic sense,
- knowledge of the development process from design, development to deployment,
- familiarity with graphic design software (Photoshop for example),
- good understanding of asynchronous request handling,
- proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them,
- writing for browser automation tests and testing API,
- proficient knowledge of English language.
WHAT PERSONALITY YOU HAVE
- you are naturally curious and not afraid to ask questions,
- you like to solve problems and are unfazed by challenges,
- you keep calm, even under pressure.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- competitive compensation,
- career growth opportunities,
- flexible schedules and the possibility to work remotely on a non-regular basis,
- the BEST work environment with good vibes and amazing heroes with various superpowers ready to help,
- support to develop your skills and grow professionally and personally,
- and because we care about your health, we bring in fresh fruit every week and provide an assortment of cereal for your morning breakfast, as well as coffee, tea and other refreshments.
Do you think you have what it takes to become one of our heroes? Please send us your CV and a motivational letter in English and we will get in touch soon!
Join us in our land far, far, far away
Anyone interested in joining a diverse, creative team of problem solvers is invited to apply. We support individual success and growth to make our team truly unstoppable.
Why become a hooray hero?
- We’re a young company and have already sold hundreds of thousands of books on six different markets.
- In 2019 we achieved 100% growth in comparison to the year before.
- We develop, produce and market our books ourselves and through our established partnerships.
You can send your CV and motivation letter to: email@example.com.